Please review the information on this page to help your ticket purchase experience go smoothly!
Here are a few items to note:
- Wisconsin Film Festival venues are general admission.
- To guarantee admittance, all ticket holders must arrive 15 minutes before the start of the film. After that time, unoccupied seats will be released as rush tickets.
- Many films are not rated and may include uncomfortable scenes or subject matter. Viewer and parental discretion is always advised. Big Screens, Little Folks films are suitable for the recommended age range listed in the film descriptions.
Email email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Opening Day of Ticket Sales
On March 9, 2019 at 11:00 am, tickets go on sale online and over the phone at 608-265-ARTS (2787). At the same time, in-person purchases can be made at Campus Arts Ticketing Box Office at Memorial Union (first floor Box Office) and – first day of sales only – the second floor Annex Room in Memorial Union.
Beforehand, we recommend completing a 2019 Film Checklist. This will keep you organized and greatly speed the purchasing process.
Redeeming Gift Certificates
When speaking with box office staff, share your certificate and redemption numbers (printed on your gift certificate) at checkout.
If purchasing your tickets online, visit the 2019 Film Guide, select your films, and proceed to checkout.
- Click “Use Gift Card”
- Enter your card and redemption numbers in the pop-up window (letters can be entered in either upper or lower case).
- Use all or part of your certificate’s value as payment. Any remaining balance owed may be paid by credit card.
Tickets can be mailed to you, designated for pick up (“will-call”), or printed at home. Orders placed after Sunday, March 24 will not have a mailing option.
Buying and Using Vouchers
A voucher is a coupon good for one film, and must be exchanged in advance for a real ticket (subject to availability) at Campus Arts Ticketing Box Office at Memorial Union or at the “rush tickets/door sales” table.
Vouchers can be purchased in person, over the phone, or online (under “V” in the online Film Guide). They cannot be returned, refunded, or replaced if lost. They can be given to others to use.
This $325 Pass gives the purchaser access to all film screenings and Festival special events. The pass is non-transferable, and features the purchaser’s name and photograph. Note: A clear, passport-sized picture must be provided before the Pass can be issued.
To be admitted to a film with an All-Festival Pass:
- Arrive at the venue at least 15 minutes before showtime.
- Present your Pass at the “rush tickets/door sales” table at the venue of the film’s screening to receive your ticket.
- Check in with Festival volunteers for admittance to the auditorium.
Purchasing Tickets During the Festival
Tickets can be purchased in person at the Campus Arts Ticketing Box Office at Memorial Union, over the phone at 608-265-ARTS (2787), or online until 5:00 pm the evening before any screening. Day-of-show tickets are available at each venue, but only for films shown that day at that location. Day-of tickets go on sale one hour prior to the first film being shown at that venue that day, and must be purchased with cash or vouchers.
Subject to availability, rush tickets are sold within 15 minutes of the start of a film at the venue of its screening and can be purchased with cash or voucher only. To have the best chance at rush seats, we recommend showing up at least 30 minutes before the film begins. Rush tickets are $11, except for Big Screens, Little Folks screenings, which are $6. Note: No other discounts apply.
Refunds & Exchanges
All ticket sales are final. No refunds or replacements for lost tickets, and no refunds for vouchers. Tickets for past films cannot be exchanged for future ones.
Tickets for upcoming films may be exchanged until close of business the day before the original tickets’ screening. Exchanges must be made in person at Campus Arts Ticketing Box Office at Memorial Union.
- All-Festival Pass holders are given priority seating.
- Concerned about mobility or accessibility issues within the theaters? Ask for a Film Festival Venue Manager when you arrive, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Due to safety regulations, all theaters must be completely cleared of patrons and personal belongings between screenings. Because of this, holding seats between screenings is not permitted.
- At many venues, ticket lines form outside. Please dress appropriately, and consider bringing an umbrella.
- Ticket scalping (at any amount) is prohibited on Wisconsin Film Festival grounds, at the Campus Arts Ticketing Box Office at Memorial Union and on Wisconsin Film Festival social media.
Box Office Information
Campus Arts Ticketing at Memorial Union
800 Langdon Street
Madison, WI 53706
Saturday, March 9
11:00 am – 5:00 pm (Opening Day of Sales)
Monday, March 11 – Thursday, April 11
Mondays – Fridays | 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
Saturdays | 11:30 am – 2:30 pm
Sundays | closed
UW–Madison Spring Break Hours
Monday, March 18 – Friday, March 22
Monday – Friday | 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Purchasing advance tickets (a day or more before your film)
Visit Campus Arts Ticketing Box Office at Memorial Union during its hours of operation.
Waiting until the
day of your film to get tickets?
Any available tickets will only be available for purchase at the venue where the film is being shown. Cash or voucher only.
Online sales are available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week until 5:00 pm the night before each screening. After that, available tickets can be purchased at the venue the day of your film.
Ticket Prices, Guidelines & Restrictions
General Admission tickets: $11
Big Screens, Little Folks tickets: $6
Discount tickets: $9
- Discounts are available to current UW system or UW Health faculty/staff, high school and college students with a valid school ID, seniors 65 and over, as well as veterans and active service members with military ID.
- Limit: 4 discounted tickets per screening, per transaction.
- All discounted purchases are subject to verification.
Festival Pass: $325
Please note that:
- Ticket prices remain the same regardless of how you purchase them: in person, over the phone or online.
- All sales are final. No refunds or returns for tickets or vouchers.
- No refunds or replacements for lost tickets.
- All seats are general admission. Handicap-accessible seating is available.
- Many films are not rated, so viewer and parental discretion is always advised. Big Screens, Little Folks films are suitable for the recommended age range listed in the film descriptions.
To guarantee admittance, ticket holders must arrive 15 minutes before the start of a film. After that time, unoccupied seats will be released for rush sale.
- The Campus Arts Ticketing Box Office accepts credit and debit cards, cash, checks, and vouchers.
- Rush and door tickets can only be purchased with cash or voucher at the venue of the film’s screening.
Ticket Delivery Options
Prior to the day of a screening, tickets can be retrieved from the Campus Arts Ticketing Box Office at Memorial Union. Day-of, the tickets will be waiting for you at the venue.
Tickets purchased before Sunday, March 24 can be mailed to your home or office
Tickets can be printed from a personal computer on standard 8.5” x 11” paper.
How to Purchase Tickets
Advance tickets will be available online at 2019.wifilmfest.org beginning Saturday, March 9 at 11:00 am.
Visit the Campus Arts Ticketing Box Office in Memorial Union beginning Saturday, March 9.